San Antonio Romance Authors is a chapter of the Romance Writers of America® (RWA), a nonprofit trade association whose mission is to advance the professional interests of career-focused romance writers through networking and advocacy. RWA works to support the efforts of its members to earn a living, to make a full-time career out of writing romance or a part-time one that generously supplements his/her main income.
Membership in SARA allows you to connect with other writers who share your love for Romance Writing. More importantly, SARA provides members the opportunity to expand their knowledge base, improve their writing skills, and to encourage their fellow writers in the romance writing industry.
- Monthly Meetings
- Critique Groups
- Access to the SARA discussion groups
- And a group of cheerleaders second to none . . .
- President: Teri Wilson
- President-Elect: Laura Stephens
- Vice President of Communications: Ani Stubbs
- Vice President of Membership: Marnie Culver
- Vice President of Programs: Patricia Walters-Fisher
- Secretary: Jean Baker
- Treasurer: Suanne Schafer
A Few of Our Valued Volunteers
- Hospitality: Marnie Culver
- Kharities Online Critique Group: Linda Carroll-Bradd
- SARA to SARA In-Person Critique Group: Willa Blair
- PAN Liaison: June Faver
- PRO Liaison: Suanne Schafer
- Invest in Yourself Writing Challenge: David Reed
No matter where you are in your journey—beginner, intermediate, or long-standing published author—your voice, your talent, and your energy are welcome here.